For a JCMS Web software demo, please click here. Username: jcms Password: jcms
The JCMS Web application is a user interface to a JCMS MySQL database. The current release does not include all the functionality of the JCMS Access interface, however, it provides:
- Creating ad-hoc queries of mice and mating data (you can also save and recall queries);
- Cage card creation interface;
- Pedigree tracking functionality;
- Mouse scheduling with calendar view;
- Reports (cage use, colony summary, weaning with calendar view);
- Basic colony management functions: add mouse, edit mouse, list mice, add matings, edit matings, add litter with pups, edit litter, genotyping;
- User administration (add users to workgroups);
- Controlled vocabulary and setup variable administration.
- Dashboard (cage histogram, mouse histogram, strain viability, Kaplan Meier charts);
- Sample tracking;
- Experiment data;
Installing the JCMS Web interface will not affect the way your current Microsoft Access JCMS interface works with the MySQL data. That will remain the same. If you are a new user, you do not have to install a JCMS Access interface. JCMS Web may be used stand-alone, or you may install both interfaces. Click here for the complete Installation Guide for JCMS Web.
- A new user wanting to use both interfaces should download and run the JCMS Access Installer-Upgrader first (download here) followed by downloading and running the JCMS Web Installer-Upgrader, selecting the NEW option.
- If you have an existing JCMS Access interface and are installing JCMS Web, download and run the JCMS Web Installer-Upgrader selecting the UPGRADE option. This will setup both interfaces to use the same MySQL data.
- To install and use only the JCMS Web interface, download and run the JCMS Web Installer-Upgrader selecting the NEW option.
In order to use the web application you need:
- To be using MySQL as your backend database. If you do not have MySQL, you can download it here.
- Have sufficient rights to install an application server on your local machine
- If you are not using MySQL as your back end database, go here to convert your MS Access database to MySQL.
- Java 6 – JCMS Web is not compatible with Java 7 so Java 6 will need to be downloaded and installed.
- JAVA_HOME environment variable configured properly pointing to Java 6 directory:
- Windows: Instructions here.
You can download the JCMS Web Installer/Upgrader, v3.14.0 (released 5/15/15), here.
Please provide your input and feedback on the JCMS user forum discussion thread.